Saturday, July 23, 2011

I Gave Up on Fashion...

... a long, long time ago. I don't understand it. The other day I walked into Wet Seal and saw an employee wearing bright red high heels and a lime green dress. Tell me how that makes sense. Actually, don't. I don't care, I don't want to know. Fashion is great for those who are willing to dress up every day and want to look nice or edgy or elite, but to me fashion is boring. Runways make no sense. You don't see normal girls walking around weighing 75 lbs. when they're over their teens. Unless they have some kind of disorder then it's completely excusable and it's none of my business, but those anorexic/bulimic girls need some freaking help.

Anyway, I don't "get" fashion. I watched the Devil Wears Prada like four times and still learned nothing. She works at a fashion design-y place and after working there for a month (I don't know they didn't give a good timeline example) she adapts to all the ins and outs of fashion and impresses her high-powered angryface bitch of a boss who then offers her some job or something. I can't believe someone would learn to "style" herself that quickly. Regardless, I offer nothing of my self to wearing clothing that matches. I wear what I think looks nice. And if that means walking around in a Thundercats or Zelda T-shirt and a pair of shitty knock-off Converse I've worn for the last six years, so be it. (And you wouldn't believe the mad props I get from nerds. One even held a door open for me once. How neat is that?) My most common attire is a T-shirt showing off a video game or giving a TV show reference and a pair of old jeans, or one of my odd flowy hippie-style outfits. For some reason I love bohemian-y hippie clothing. And I'm sure that's not even what they're categorized as, that's how bad I am at this whole "fashion" thing. But who cares? I don't really give a darn what people think about my outfits so screw it, you know? Because there is absolutely no way you will see me with orange skin and platinum white hair in a pair of cherry heels and a lime green dress. Eff that.

No comments:

Post a Comment